Welcome to the Hearing Aid Provider Homepage
The Colorado Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure (Office) regulates individual hearing aid providers, hearing aid associates, and hearing aid trainees in the State of Colorado. The mission of the Office is to maintain the profession's integrity and protect its consumers. The Office's activities include licensing hearing aid providers, investigating complaints, and enforcing disciplinary actions against those who violate the Hearing Aid Providers Practice Act and the Director's Rules and Regulations.
The Office works in conjunction with the National Board for Certification Hearing Instrument Sciences (NBC-HIS), the Colorado Speech-Language Hearing Association (CSHA), the Colorado Academy of Audiology (CAA), and the Colorado Hearing Society.
- Public Notices
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - August 12, 2022
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all Healthcare Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new and/or revised rules to implement Colorado House Bill 22-1284 (Concerning updates to state surprise billing laws to facilitate the implementation of surprise billing protections, and, in connection therewith, aligning state law with the federal "No Surprises Act").
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - July 29, 2022
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new rules to implement the directives of Executive Order D-2022-034 (Protecting Colorado’s Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - July 22, 2022
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all healthcare Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new rules to implement the directives of Executive Order D-2022-032 (Directing State Agencies to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care in Colorado).
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - July 18, 2022
The Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Director considers adopting the proposed revisions to Rule 1.2, to implement Colorado Senate Bill 22-116 (Concerning the ability of an individual to obtain an occupational credential through the occupational credential portability program).
- Monday, July 18, 2022, at 10:30 A.M. (MDT)
- Webinar Link
- Sign up to Testify
- Notice, Draft Rule, and SB22-116
- Joint SB22-116 Stakeholder Meeting: June 10, 2022
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - June 10, 2022
The Division of Professions and Occupations (Division) will hold a Joint Stakeholder Meeting to allow stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback on the implementation of Colorado Senate Bill 22-116 (Concerning the ability of an individual to obtain an occupational credential through the occupational credential portability program) which amends the Red Tape Reduction Act (HB20-1326/Section 12-20-202, C.R.S.); and subsequent proposed draft rules for each Board/Program. In an effort to provide advanced notice of this meeting, the draft rules for each Board/Program will not be available until Friday, May 27, 2022. To review the draft rules, please click on the "Notice, SB22-116, and Draft Rules" link below, on or after the availability date
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - May 3, 2022
The Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed rule revisions. The revisions to Rule 1.4 are proposed in compliance with section 12-20-203, C.R.S., allowing licensees the ability to change the status of their license to inactive.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022, at 10:30 A.M. (MDT)
- Webinar Registration
- Sign up to Testify
- Notice and Draft Rule
- Stakeholder Meeting: March 29, 2022
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - August 30, 2021
The Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure held a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing on August 30, 2021, that allowed stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considered revisions to Rule 1.8(B), to implement Colorado Senate Bill 21-077 (Concerning the elimination of verification of an individual's lawful presence in the United States as a requirement for individual credentialing).
- Notice, SB21-077, and Draft Rule
- SB21-077 Joint Stakeholder Meeting (recording): July 26, 2021
- Effective Date: November 14, 2021
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - March 18, 2021
The Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure will hold a VIRTUAL Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers adopting revisions to Rules 1.2 and 1.12, to correct language in the rules that conflict with portions of the statutes in Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Concerning an expansion of an individual's ability to practice an occupation in Colorado through creation of an occupational credential portability program); and Colorado Senate Bill (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct). These revisions are required by the Office of Legislative Legal Services (OLLS).
- Legislative Updates
- 2022 New Legislation
- HB22-1041: Privacy Protections For Protected Persons
- HB22-1076: Telehealth For Hearing Aid Providers
- HB22-1098: Department Of Regulatory Agencies Barriers To Practice Regulated Professions
- HB22-1165 Rule Review Bill
- HB22-1240 Mandatory Reporters
- HB22-1257: 2022 Criminal And Juvenile Justice Commission Recommendations
- HB22-1267 Culturally Relevant Training Health Professionals
- HB22-1270 Change Term Name-based Criminal History Record Check
- HB22-1278: Behavioral Health Administration
- HB22-1291: Sunrise Review Professions Occupations
- SB22-013: Boards and Commissions
- SB22-076: Complaint Occupational License Official Acts
- SB22-116: Increase Occupational Credential Portability
- SB22-143: Update Common Provision Term Regulator Title 12
- SB22-157: Information Sharing For Consumer Protection Investigation
- SB22-162: Administration Organization Act Modernization
- SB22-174: Sunset Review Hearing Criteria
- SB22-226: Programs To Support Health-care Workforce
- 2021 New Legislation
- HB 21-1123: CAPS Check for Substantiated Cases of Mistreatment of an At-Risk Adult
- HB21-1198: Healthcare Billing Requirements for Indigent Patients
- HB21-1232: Standardized Health Benefit Plan Colorado Option
- HB21-1300: Health-care Provider Liens for Injured Persons
- SB21-077: Remove Lawful Presence Verification Credentialing
- SB21-097: Sunset Medical Transparency Act
- SB21-271: Misdemeanor Reform
- 2020 New Legislation
- 2022 New Legislation
- Program Information
Zen Mayhugh, Program Director
Office of Hearing Aid Provider Licensure
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202