Welcome to the Massage Therapy Homepage
The Office of Massage Therapy Licensure (Division Director)regulates individual massage therapists. The Division Director does not regulate massage parlors or locations where massage therapy is practiced. The Division Director is authorized to take disciplinary actions against those who violate the Massage Therapy Practice Act, Rules and Regulations.
Office activities include issuing licenses to massage therapists, investigating complaints about massage therapists, and enforcing disciplinary actions taken by the Division Director.
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - March 18, 2021
The Office of Massage Therapy Licensure will hold a VIRTUAL Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers adopting revisions to Rules 1.4 and 1.14, to correct language in the rules that conflict with portions of the statutes in Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Concerning an expansion of an individual's ability to practice an occupation in Colorado through creation of an occupational credential portability program); and Colorado Senate Bill (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct). These revisions are required by the Office of Legislative Legal Services (OLLS).
- Thursday, March 18, 2021, at 2:00 P.M. (MDT)
- Webinar Registration
- Notice, Draft Rule, HB20-1326, and SB20-102
- February 11, 2021: Joint Stakeholder Meeting regarding SB20-102 Corrections (recording)
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - September 22, 2020. Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - October 2, 2020
The Office of Massage Therapy Licensure held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting on September 22nd, and the Permanent Rulemaking Hearing on October 2nd. The Stakeholder Meeting and Permanent Rulemaking Hearing concern the implementation of House Bill 20-1326 (Endorsements/Creation of an Occupational Credential Portability Program), and Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures Regarding Sexual Misconduct).
- Joint Stakeholder Meeting - Tuesday, September 22, 2020, at 10:30 A.M. (MDT)
- Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 P.M. (MDT)
- Notice, New Rule, HB20-1326, and SB20-102
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - August 25, 2020
The Office of Athletic Trainer Licensure, Office of Massage Therapy Licensure, Office of Direct-Entry Midwifery Registration, and Office of Surgical Assistant and Surgical Technologist Registration held a VIRTUAL Joint Stakeholder Meeting to receive feedback on the implementation of Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures regarding Sexual Offenses).
- Legislative Updates
- 2021 New Legislation
- HB21-1169: Prohibit Discrimination Organ Transplant Recipient
- HB 21-1123: CAPS Check for Substantiated Cases of Mistreatment of an At-Risk Adult
- HB21-1198: Healthcare Billing Requirements for Indigent Patients
- HB21-1232: Standardized Health Benefit Plan Colorado Option
- HB21-1300: Health-care Provider Liens for Injured Persons
- SB21-056 Expand Cannabis-based Medicine At Schools
- SB21-077: Remove Lawful Presence Verification Credentialing
- SB21-097: Sunset Medical Transparency Act
- SB21-271: Misdemeanor Reform
- 2020 New Legislation
- 2021 New Legislation
- Program Information
Zen Mayhugh, Program Director
Office of Massage Therapy Licensure
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202