Processing times for permit applications submitted via U.S. mail may be delayed by up to 5-7 business days. We are encouraging all individuals requesting an electrical or plumbing inspection to submit their permit applications using our online system.
Online permit submissions are processed in the system immediately upon payment. For any questions regarding the online system please contact email@example.com.
Welcome to the Plumbing Homepage
The State Plumbing Board licenses, registers, and regulates plumbers, apprentices, and plumbing contractors. The Board does not regulate pipe fitters, drain cleaners, or gas pipe installers. The Board's mission is to protect the health of the public by enforcing the state plumbing statutes. The Board conducts regular inspections for plumbing and gas pipe installations and reviews special requests for exceptions to the code.
The Board is made up of eight professional and public members that are appointed by the governor.
The Colorado Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform is currently conducting a sunset review of the Plumbing Program. Analysis is performed to determine if the program is necessary and should be continued, modified, or repealed. To provide input on this review, please visit COPRRR's website.
- Program/Board Members
Joyce J. Young, Program Director
State Plumbing Board
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Catherine A. Dunihoo, Board Chair
Journeyman Plumber | Term Expires: July 2025
Glen Ratliff, Board Vice-Chair
Plumbing Inspector | Term Expires: July 2025
Vacant, At-Large Member
Vacant | Term Expires:
Plumbing Contractor | Term Expires: August 2026
Plumbing Contractor | Term Expires: July 2024
Clayton Moores, Professional Engineer
CDPHE Ex-Officio Member non-voting | Term Expires: N/A
Kevin Thomas Roy
General Contractor | Term Expires: July 2023
Master Plumber | Term Expires: July 2025
- Public Notices
Plumbing Board - Stakeholder Meeting - September 7, 2023
The Colorado State Plumbing ("Board") will held a virtual Stakeholder Meeting on September 7, 2023. The purpose of this Stakeholder Meeting was for the Board to receive feedback regarding the implementation of Colorado House Bill 23-1057 (opens in new window) (Concerning a Requirement that Certain Public Buildings have Restrooms with Amenities for all Genders, and, in Connection Therewith, Making an Appropriation) and Colorado Senate Bill 23-265 (opens in new window) (Concerning a Prohibition on a Regulator Imposing Discipline Against a Person Based on Certain Activities Involving Marijuana) and the proposed rule changes to Rules 1.2 (Standards) and the repeal of Rule 1.10 (Protecting Colorado's Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
- Thursday, September 7, 2023, at 9:00 A.M. (MDT)
- Stakeholder Meeting Notice (opens in new window)
- Draft Rules (opens in new window)
- Written Comments (opens in new window) (Link will be updated as comments are received.)
- Stakeholder Meeting Recording - September 7, 2023
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - February 22, 2023
The State Plumbing Board will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Board considers adopting the proposed changes to the Colorado Plumbing Code.
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023, at 9:00 A .M. (MDT)
- Sign up to Testify
- Draft Rules
- Written Stakeholder Comments
- Stakeholder Meeting Recording - December 12, 2022
- Stakeholder Meeting Recording - January 27, 2023
Emergency and Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - October 26, 2022
The State Plumbing Board held an Emergency and Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Board considers adopting the proposed new Rule 1.10, to implement Executive Order D 2022-034 (Protecting Colorado’s Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities). The Board adopted Rule 1.10 on an emergency and permanent basis. Rule 1.10 took effect on October 26, 2022.
- Legislative Updates
- 2023 New Legislation
- 2022 New Legislation
- HB22-1098: Department Of Regulatory Agencies Barriers To Practice Regulated Professions
- HB22-1165 Rule Review Bill
- HB22-1242: Regulate Tiny Homes Manufacture Sale And Install
- HB22-1270: Change Term Name-based Criminal History Record Check
- HB22-1278: Behavioral Health Administration
- HB22-1291: Sunrise Review Professions Occupations
- HB22-1346 Electrician Plumber Licensing Apprentice Ratio
- SB22-013: Boards and Commissions
- SB22-076: Complaint Occupational License Official Acts
- SB22-116: Increase Occupational Credential Portability
- SB22-143: Update Common Provision Term Regulator Title 12
- SB22-162: Administration Organization Act Modernization
- SB22-174: Sunset Review Hearing Criteria
- 2021 New Legislation
- 2020 New Legislation
- Meeting Minutes