Welcome to the Acupuncture Homepage
On behalf of the Director of the Division of Professions and Occupations, the Colorado Office of Acupuncture Licensure (Office) regulates individual licensed acupuncturists in the State of Colorado. Office activities include licensing acupuncturists, investigating complaints, and enforcing disciplinary actions against those who violate the Acupuncturists Practice Act and the Director’s Rules and Regulations. The mission of the Office is to maintain the profession’s integrity and protect its consumers.
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - March 17, 2021
The Office of Acupuncture Licensure will hold a VIRTUAL Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers adopting the proposed revisions to Rule 1.12, as required by the Office of Legislative Legal Services (OLLS). The proposed rule revisions correct language that was recently adopted, that conflict with portions of the statutes in Colorado Senate Bill 20-102 (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct).
Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at 1:00 P.M. (MDT)
- Webinar Registration
- Notice, Draft Rule, and SB20-102
- February 11, 2021: Joint Stakeholder Meeting regarding SB20-102 Corrections (recording)
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - October 1, 2020
The Office of Acupuncture Licensure will hold a Virtual Permanent Rulemaking Hearing for the Director to consider adopting new and revised Rules 1.1, 1.2, 1.12, and Appendix B to implement Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Endorsements/Creation of an Occupational Credential Portability Program), and Colorado Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures Regarding Sexual Misconduct).
- Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 2:00 P.M. (MDT)
- Notice, New Rule, HB20-1326 and SB20-102
Stakeholder Meeting - August 25, 2020
The Office of Acupuncture Licensure held a VIRTUAL Stakeholder Meeting for the Director to receive feedback on the implementation of Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Endorsements through the Creation of an Occupational Credential Portability Program), and Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures Regarding Formal Actions of Sexual Misconduct).
- Legislative Updates
- 2021 New Legislation
- HB21-1300: Health-care Provider Liens for Injured Persons
- HB21-1169: Prohibit Discrimination Organ Transplant Recipient
- HB21-1123: CAPS Check for Substantiated Cases of Mistreatment of an At-Risk Adult
- HB21-1198: Healthcare Billing Requirements for Indigent Patients
- HB21-1232: Standardized Health Benefit Plan Colorado Option
- HB21-1276 Prevention of Substance Use Disorders
- SB21-077: Remove Lawful Presence Verification Credentialing
- SB21-097: Sunset Medical Transparency Act
- SB21-271: Misdemeanor Reform
- 2020 New Legislation
- 2021 New Legislation
- Program Information
Zen Mayhugh, Program Director
Office of Acupuncture Licensure
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202