Welcome to the Audiology Homepage
The Colorado Office of Audiology and Hearing Aid Provider Licensure (Office) regulates individual licensed audiologists, hearing aid providers, hearing aid associates, and hearing aid trainees in the State of Colorado. The mission of the Office is to maintain the profession's integrity and protect its consumers. The Office's activities include licensing audiologists and hearing aid providers, investigating complaints, and enforcing disciplinary actions against those who violate the Audiologist and Hearing Aid Providers Practice Act and the Director's Rules and Regulations.
The Office works in conjunction with the National Board for Certification Hearing Instrument Sciences (NBC-HIS), the Colorado Speech-Language Hearing Association (CSHA), the Colorado Academy of Audiology (CAA), and the Colorado Hearing Society.
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - August 30, 2021
The Office of Audiology Licensure will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers revisions to Rule 1.9(B), to implement Colorado Senate Bill 21-077 (Concerning the elimination of verification of an individual's lawful presence in the United States as a requirement for individual credentialing).
• Monday, August 30, 2021, at 12:00 P.M. (MDT)
• Sign up to Testify Notice, SB21-077, and Draft Rule
• SB21-077 Joint Stakeholder Meeting (recording): July 26, 2021
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - March 18, 2021
The Office of Audiology Licensure will hold a VIRTUAL Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers adopting revisions to Rules 1.2 and 1.13, to correct language in the rules that conflict with portions of the statutes in Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Concerning an expansion of an individual's ability to practice an occupation in Colorado through creation of an occupational credential portability program); and Colorado Senate Bill (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct). These revisions are required by the Office of Legislative Legal Services (OLLS).
• Thursday, March 18, 2021, at 1:00 P.M. (MDT)
• Notice, Draft Rule, HB20-1326, and SB20-102
• February 11, 2021: Joint Stakeholder Meeting regarding SB20-102 Corrections (recording)
Emergency and Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - 9/30/20
The Office of Audiology Licensure held a Virtual Emergency and Permanent Rulemaking Hearing for the Director to consider the immediate adoption of the rule revisions that are necessary to implement House Bill 20-1219 (Sunset Review); and permanent adoption of the changes to the rules that implement House Bills 20-1219 (Sunset Review) and 20-1326 (Endorsements), and Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures).
• Wednesday, September 30, 2020, at 2:00 P.M. (MDT)
• Notice, New Rule, HB20-1219, HB20-1326, and SB20-102
Stakeholder Meeting - August 28, 2020
The Office of Audiology Licensure held a VIRTUAL Stakeholder Meeting for the Director to receive feedback on the implementation of Colorado House Bill 20-1219 (Sunset Bill that Continues the Audiology Practice Act), Colorado Senate Bill 20-102 (Patient Disclosures Regarding Formal Actions of Sexual Misconduct), and the subsequent proposed rules. The Office would also like to gather stakeholder feedback on any additional changes to the rules that should be considered, following the sunset review.
- Legislative Updates
- 2021 New Legislation
- HB21-1169: Prohibit Discrimination Organ Transplant Recipient
- HB 21-1123: CAPS Check for Substantiated Cases of Mistreatment of an At-Risk Adult
- HB21-1198: Healthcare Billing Requirements for Indigent Patients
- HB21-1232: Standardized Health Benefit Plan Colorado Option
- HB21-1300: Health-care Provider Liens for Injured Persons
- SB21-021 Audiology and SLP Compact
- SB21-077: Remove Lawful Presence Verification Credentialing
- SB21-097: Sunset Medical Transparency Act
- SB21-271: Misdemeanor Reform
- 2020 New Legislation
- 2021 New Legislation
- Program Information
Zen Mayhugh, Program Director
Office of Audiology Licensure
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202