Colorado Electrical Board: Continuing Education
All Colorado-licensed Residential Wireman, Journeyman, and Master Electricians must complete 24 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during each three-year license period before they may renew their license. This requirement does not apply for the first renewal of the license for which, as a condition of issuance, the applicant successfully completed a licensing examination.
CE hours must be selected from among the Core Competencies listed below:
- Grounding and Bonding
- National Electrical Code Changes
- Wiring Methods
- Theory and Calculations
- Safety Related to the Electrical Industry
- A minimum of four (4) hours is required in National Electrical Code Changes.
- No more than four (4) hours will be credited in safety courses related to the electrical industry; however, there is not a requirement to take courses in safety training.
- CE courses will only be accepted by the Board if they are taken with a CE provider/vendor that has attested to the Board that their courses and instructors meet the requirements of Board Rule.
- Audits of compliance will be conducted after each license period.
- Licensees are responsible for maintaining their own CE documentation; CE providers/vendors do not supply the Board with CE completion records. Please retain all copies of your completed course certificates for seven (7) years, in the event you are selected for an audit.
Continuing Education Attested Providers
The link below contains a list of CE providers/vendors that have attested to the Board that the courses they provide and the instructors they employ meet the Board’s requirements. Please contact the individual providers directly if you have questions or would like to schedule courses.
Continuing Education Provider/Vendor Attestations
Attestations are now being accepted for the 2020 - 2023 license period for vendors wishing to be on the Colorado Electrical Board's Attesting CE Providers List. Only courses taken with attested providers will qualify for a Colorado electrician’s license renewal requirements.
To use this form in fillable format, you must first download it to your computer. Please submit attestations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the preferred method) or mail to:
c/o Continuing Competency
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Attestations mailed via USPS may take up to six (6) weeks to process.