Welcome to the Outfitter Homepage
The Office of Outfitters Registration registers and regulates individuals and entities that practice in the State of Colorado as Outfitters, defined as "the taking or attempted taking of wildlife" on land that an Outfitter does not own. Registration for Outfitters is mandatory in Colorado.
The Office does not issue hunting or fishing permits and does not regulate other outdoor activities on public land. Office activities include registration, investigation of complaints, determination of discipline, and enforcement of discipline for violators of the Colorado Statutes and the Office of Outfitters Registration Rules. The Office is a Director-model program with a five-member advisory committee comprised of registered outfitters, law enforcement, and a public member who provide recommendations to the Division Director.
The Office works with several state and federal agencies including Colorado Parks & Wildlife, the Bureau of Land Management, and the United States Forest Service in order to share vital information about unregistered outfitters and violations of other agency laws. The Office also works with the Colorado Outfitters Association (COA). For information regarding hunting and/or fishing licenses, please contact Colorado Parks & Wildlife at 303-297-1192.
Off-road and/or jeep tours are not governed by the Office. Please contact the Public Utilities Commission -Transportation section for more information.
- Advisory Committee
Ofelia Duran, Program Director
Office of Outfitters Registration
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-7800 | Fax: 303-894-2310 | Email: email@example.com
Bill de Vergie
CPW Agency Representative
Co Springs, CO
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - September 23, 2022
The Office of Outfitters Registration will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Director considers permanently adopting Rule 1.12, to implement Executive Order D 2022-034 ( Protecting Colorado's Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
- Friday, September 23, 2022, at 8:30 A.M. (MDT)
- Notice, Draft Rule, and EO D 2022-034
Implementation of Executive Order D 2022 034
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new rules to implement the directives of Executive Order D-2022-034 (Protecting Colorado’s Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
- (EO D-2022-034) Joint Stakeholder Meeting: July 29, 2022
- Notice and EO D-2022-034
- Stakeholder Comments
- Emergency Rules effective August 15, 2022
- Legislative Updates
- 2022 New Legislation
- HB22-1098: Department Of Regulatory Agencies Barriers To Practice Regulated Professions
- HB22-1165 Rule Review Bill
- HB22-1270 Change Term Name-based Criminal History Record Check
- HB22-1278: Behavioral Health Administration
- HB22-1291: Sunrise Review Professions Occupations
- SB22-013: Boards and Commissions
- SB22-076: Complaint Occupational License Official Acts
- SB22-116: Increase Occupational Credential Portability
- SB22-143: Update Common Provision Term Regulator Title 12
- SB22-162: Administration Organization Act Modernization
- SB22-174: Sunset Review Hearing Criteria
- 2021 New Legislation
- 2020 New Legislation
- 2022 New Legislation
- Meeting Minutes