IMPORTANT OFFICE CLOSURE ALERT
All Division of Professions and Occupations (DPO) Offices at 1560 Broadway, Denver CO are closed to the public indefinitely effective 2pm on March 23rd, 2020. However, DPO staff is still working hard to help all customers remotely. Please contact the Division at email@example.com for assistance.
Welcome to the Occupational Therapy Homepage
The Office of Occupational Therapy regulates individual occupational therapists.The Office does not regulate clinics where occupational therapy is practiced. The Division Director is authorized to take disciplinary actions against those who violate the Occupational Therapy Practice Act, Rules and Regulations. Office activities include issuing licenses to occupational therapists, investigating complaints about occupational therapists, and enforcing disciplinary actions taken by the Division Director.
- Licensing Services
- Discipline and Enforcement
- Program Members
Zen Mayhugh, Program Director
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - May 19, 2021
The Office of Occupational Therapy will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback, before the Director considers adopting new and revised rules to implement:
1. Colorado Senate Bill 21-003 (Concerning the recreation and reenactment, with amendments, of the "Occupational Therapy Practice Act", and, in connection therewith, reestablishing the licensing functions of the Director of the Division of Professions and Occupations in the Department of Regulatory Agencies regarding occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants);
2. Colorado House Bill 20-1326 (Concerning an expansion of an individual's ability to practice an occupation in Colorado through creation of an occupational credential portability program); and
3. Colorado Senate Bill 20-102 (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct).
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at 9:30 A.M. (MDT)
- Notice, Draft Rules, SB21-003, HB20-1326, and SB20-102
- Webinar Registration
- Sign up to Testify
- Stakeholder Meeting: April 14, 2021
Joint Stakeholder Meeting - June 19, 2020
The Office of Occupational Therapy, Office of Respiratory Therapy Licensure, Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification, and Office of Surgical Assistant & Surgical Technologist Registration held a VIRTUAL Joint Stakeholder Meeting to receive public feedback on whether or not the Director should consider permanently adopting the emergency licensing rules that were adopted to meet the requirements of Executive Order D 2020 038, as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Legislative Updates
- Reports and Statistics