Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Registration and Data Submission Requirements
Please download and review the Colorado PDMP Registration and Data Requirements document for Colorado PDMP registration information and instructions.
Exemptions and waivers may be allowed in the following instances:
- Hospital Pharmacies that do not dispense more than a 24-hour supply of a controlled substance to an outpatient. (Inpatient dispensing transactions do not need to be reported.)
- Pharmacies that dispense controlled substances solely for Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved interventional research trials using investigational drug products that are regulated by the Federal Food and Drug Administration.
- Pharmacies that are not computerized.
- DOWNLOAD PHARMACY REQUEST FORM
Pharmacies without DEA Registrations
If the pharmacy does not have a DEA registration, please complete and return the following form to the Board.
No Controlled Substance Prescription Dispensing Activity
If the pharmacy is DEA-registered but does not dispense controlled substance prescriptions to Colorado patients, please complete and return the following form to the Board. The Colorado State Board of Pharmacy will consider such requests in the ordinary course of business and approve or disapprove the request.
Request Your Patient Report
If you wish to obtain a copy of your own data transmitted to the Electronic Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, please complete this confidential Patient Information Form and mail to the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy at the address on the form. Please remember to include a copy of the front and back of your driver’s license or state-issued identification card. Upon receipt of your request, the requested information will be researched and mailed back to you.
For Research and Education
The Colorado State Board of Pharmacy may provide de-identified data from the Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program to qualified personnel of a public or private entity for the purpose of bona fide research or education, pursuant to a written agreement.
Please complete the following form and checklist and mail the completed copies to the address listed below. Upon receipt of a completed request, the request for an agreement for de-identified data from the Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program will be scheduled for review by the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy at one of its regularly scheduled meetings.
Send completed copies of the form and checklist:
Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
EMAIL (PREFERRED): email@example.com
For Law Enforcement
If you require data from the Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program as part of a bona fide investigation, please complete the appropriate form and submit it to the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy at the contact information listed on the form. Please remember to include the official court order or subpoena.
For Third Party, Representation, and Out-of-State Prescribers
If you are an individual submitting a request on behalf of another individual who is the recipient of a controlled substance prescription, please complete one of the following forms and remember to include:
1) For Third Party or Representation Requests: the original document establishing a medical durable power of attorney of the individual submitting the request for the individual who is the recipient of the controlled substance prescription; and,
2) All Requests: valid photographic identification of the individual submitting the request.