Welcome to the Speech-Language Pathology Homepage
The Colorado Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification regulates individual certificate holders in the State of Colorado. Office activities include certification, investigating complaints, and enforcing disciplinary actions against violators of the Speech-Language Pathology Practice Act and Director's rules and regulations.
The Office's mission is consumer protection through licensing and enforcement. The Office regulates individuals who are representing or holding themselves out as speech-language pathologists or who are performing services that constitute speech-language pathology. School speech-language pathologists who are paid solely by a school district, board of cooperative services, or state charter school providing services to exceptional children are excluded from regulation by this Office.
- Public Notices
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - October 3, 2023
The purpose of this Permanent Rulemaking Hearing is to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to testify before the Director determines whether to repeal on a permanent basis Rule 1.26 - PROTECTIONS FOR PROVISION OF REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH CARE IN COLORADO to implement Colorado Senate Bill 23-188 (Concerning Protections for Accessing Reproductive Health Care) and Rule 1.27 - PROTECTING COLORADO’S WORKFORCE AND EXPANDING LICENSING OPPORTUNITIES to implement Colorado Senate Bill 23-265 (Concerning a Prohibition on a Regulator Imposing Discipline Against a Person Based on Certain Activities Involving Marijuana).
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023, at 11:00 A.M. (MDT)
- Permanent Rulemaking Hearing Notice
- Draft Rules
- Webinar Registration
- Written comments regarding SB23-188 (Links will be updated as comments are received.)
- Written comments regarding SB23-265 (Links will be updated as comments are received.)
Title of Rule: ASLP-IC Rule on Implementation of Criminal Background Check Requirement
REQUESTING WRITTEN STAKEHOLDER COMMENTS
Implementation of Colorado Senate Bills 23-188 and 23-265
What is this about?
The following Boards and Programs within the Division of Professions and Occupations are requesting written comments regarding the implementation of Colorado Senate Bills 23-188 (CONCERNING A PROHIBITION ON A REGULATOR IMPOSING DISCIPLINE AGAINST A PERSON BASED ON CERTAIN ACTIVITIES INVOLVING MARIJUANA) and 23-265 (CONCERNING A PROHIBITION ON A REGULATOR IMPOSING DISCIPLINE AGAINST A PERSON BASED ON CERTAIN ACTIVITIES INVOLVING MARIJUANA), and the proposed repeal of the Board and Program rules that are no longer necessary after the codification of these regulations into law.
Each of the listed Boards and Programs will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing on the dates listed to determine whether to repeal the rules on a permanent basis to implement the law. Please submit written comments as soon as possible. The Boards and Programs will continue to accept written comments until the Permanent Rulemaking Hearings where stakeholders will be given a final opportunity to testify before the Board and/or the Director or Director's designee. Please visit the Board and Program websites under the "Public Notices" tab for the most current information, including webinar registration information, written comments (SB23-188 and SB23-265), and the draft rules.
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - September 23, 2022
The Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Director considers adopting revisions to Rules 1.19 and 1.25, to implement Colorado House Bill 22-1213 (Concerning the Continuation of the Regulation of Speech-Language Pathologists by the Director of the Division of Professions and Occupations in the Department of Regulatory Agencies, and …, Implementing the Recommendations in the Department's Sunset Review) and Colorado House Bill 22-1284 (Concerning updates to state surprise billing laws to facilitate the implementation of surprise billing protections, and aligning state law with the federal "No Surprises Act"); and permanently adopting Rules 1.26 and 1.27, to implement Executive Orders D 2022-032 (Directing State Agencies to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care in Colorado), and D 2022-034 (Protecting Colorado’s Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
- Friday, September 23, 2022, at 1:00 P.M. (MDT)
- Notice, Draft Rules, HB22-1213, HB22-1284, EO D 2022-032, and EO D 2022-034
- HB22-1284 Joint Stakeholder Meeting: August 12, 2022
- (HB22-1213 and HB22-1284) Stakeholder Meeting: September 9, 2022
Implementation of Executive Orders D 2022 032 and D 2022 034
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new rules to implement the directives of Executive Order D-2022-034 (Protecting Colorado’s Workforce and Expanding Licensing Opportunities).
- (EO D-2022-034) Joint Stakeholder Meeting: July 29, 2022
- Notice and EO D-2022-034
- Stakeholder Comments
- Emergency Rules effective August 15, 2022
The Division of Professions and Occupations' held a Joint Stakeholder Meeting for all healthcare Boards and Programs that allowed stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback, and help develop new rules to implement the directives of Executive Order D-2022-032 (Directing State Agencies to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care in Colorado).
- Joint Stakeholder Meeting: July 22, 2022
- Notice and EO D-2022-032
- Stakeholder Comments
- Emergency Rules effective August 15, 2022
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - July 18, 2022
The Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide testimony before the Director considers adopting the proposed revisions to Rule 1.6, to implement Colorado Senate Bill 22-116 (Concerning the ability of an individual to obtain an occupational credential through the occupational credential portability program).
Permanent Rulemaking Hearing - March 17, 2021
The Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification will hold a VIRTUAL Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to allow stakeholders a final opportunity to provide feedback before the Director considers adopting the proposed revisions to Rule 1.23, as required by the Office of Legislative Legal Services (OLLS). The proposed rule revisions correct language that was recently adopted, that conflict with portions of the statutes in Colorado Senate Bill 20-102 (Concerning required disclosures to patients regarding formal actions based on sexual misconduct).
- Legislative Updates
- 2023 New Legislation
- 2022 New Legislation
- HB22-1041: Privacy Protections For Protected Persons
- HB22-1098: Department Of Regulatory Agencies Barriers To Practice Regulated Professions
- HB22-1165 Rule Review Bill
- HB22-1213 Sunset Continue Regulation
- HB22-1240 Mandatory Reporters
- HB22-1267 Culturally Relevant Training Health Professionals
- HB22-1270 Change Term Name-based Criminal History Record Check
- HB22-1291: Sunrise Review Professions Occupations
- SB22-013: Boards and Commissions
- SB22-076: Complaint Occupational License Official Acts
- SB22-116 Increase Occupational Credential Portability
- SB22-143 Update Common Provision Term Regulator Title 12
- SB22-162: Administration Organization Act Modernization
- SB22-174: Sunset Review Hearing Criteria
- SB22-226: Programs To Support Health-care Workforce
- 2021 New Legislation
- HB 21-1123: CAPS Check for Substantiated Cases of Mistreatment of an At-Risk Adult
- HB21-1198: Healthcare Billing Requirements for Indigent Patients
- HB22-1213: Sunset Continue Regulation Speech-language Pathologist
- HB21-1232: Standardized Health Benefit Plan Colorado Option
- HB21-1300: Health-care Provider Liens for Injured Persons
- SB21-021: Audiology and SLP Compact
- SB21-056 Expand Cannabis-based Medicine At Schools
- SB21-077: Remove Lawful Presence Verification Credentialing
- SB21-097: Sunset Medical Transparency Act
- SB21-271: Misdemeanor Reform
- 2020 New Legislation
- Program Information
Ofelia Duran, Program Director
Office of Speech-Language Pathology Certification
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202